Single phase load shedding relay
- The load shedding relay limits the power consumption before tripping the main circuit-breaker.
- To do this, non-priority circuits will be disconnected during peaks of power consumption.
- The total current of the installation is measured by a small toroidal transformer and shown on the display.
- When it reaches the maximum current set, an internal buzzer alerts of over-consumption.
- If measured current exceeds 10% of maximum current, the non-priority load is disconnected to keep consumption at admissible level.
- The non-priority load is re-connected after a re-start time pre-adjusted.